Friday 2 May 2014

Spring Edit #1 - the nails

Sorry that it's taken me so long to put up my first proper post! The stress of A levels really took over! But here goes,

I have always been a lover of spring, the introduction to the warm weather where a jacket and jeans with sandals are acceptable to be seen out in, but the thing I love the most is the colours it produces. Spring time is a wash with corals and peaches and muted limes and all the good colours - and as an avid nail polish lover I jumped at the thought of introducing some new spring into my current collection so I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite recent pick ups.

MUA - Bright Coral
I needed a new perfect peachy coral to add to my collection as it's a colour I'd never really seen myself wearing until now. I found this in Superdrug for only £1! Bargain! Anyway, as soon as I used it I realized why it was only £1, it's a very watery and thing consistency but after a couple of coats the colour builds up beautifully. I would definitely recommend this to anyone on a budget that's looking for a peachy beachy colour.

Collection - Candy Floss
This polish goes on smoothly and is easy to work with to build different shades. I picked it up thinking it would be a little darker than the almost white baby pink colour it is, but I wasn't disappointed. It was a little more expensive than the MUA polishes at around £3 but I would recommend this for a truly delicate baby pink.

MUA - Bold Blue
Similarly to the first, the colour is beautiful and after a couple of coats it looks gorgeous. I've never been a real fan of blue nail polishes but I feel that this one is such a neutral blue that it would suit almost every skin type. I've had this on for 3 days now and no chipping yet (thank god!) so I think the formula is very impressive to say it was the cheapest in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment